Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Preschool

Today was Aidan's first day of preschool at the Liberty Lake Children's Academy.  I, of course, had mixed emotions about this experience.  First, it wasn't that I was excited about not having him with me while I ran errands or cleaned the house, (I'm not saying it doesn't make things easier) but to be honest it was sad to see his empty carseat today.  Most importantly, I was excited for him to meet new friends, learn new things... just grow.  So, of course, Mike and I talked to Aidan about those new friends, new environment, new teachers; and stressed the importance of sharing, kindness, listening, and being a good example.  So this is about the point where, to my surprise, Mike started struggling.  I mean... tears. 
 



So Aidan went to school with bravery, we said goodbye, he learned new things, met new friends, and listened to his teachers.  I was too excited to pick him up from school and thankful to hear his over-excited tone, as Aidan does for almost every experience, as he described his preschool day.  

12 comments:

jessica said...

Aidan looks so cute in his little first day of school outfit. Was Mike tearing about Aidan going to school or about the sweater...I know how he feels about them.

Nice shots by the way!

Katy said...

It's hard to see your babies grow up. Aidan look so cute. I love the sweater:) Mike's a big softy! It's okay, I'm sure we'll be the same way when Brian starts school.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my little angel is big enough for school.My how time flies.sure love and miss you tons. mom

Scott and Athena said...

I can't believe Aidan is so big. He's so hilarious as he tells his stories. I'm sure you've heard a bunch with him starting school. You are such a good mom, such an example to me. We love you all.

Jessica said...

My mixed emotions VERY quickly into just only pleasure as I savor my quiet, clean house all day long!

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Oh Amy

I can't believe that Aidan is actually going to school. He looks so cute all dressed up. So my Mike is not as tough as he thinks he is. The tears are so cute. I can totally see Mike crying. Good for you Mike.

Love
Mom

Katy said...

Happy Birthday to Jack! I was going to call but it's was too late. I hope it was a great day:)

Elise said...

Hi Mike. Blog stalker : ) I totally knew that it was 'the man' posting on my blog about the politics thing. I know he secretly loved my swear-head opinions about the political landscape of our country. He is right... he does know which way I lean and since you do too... we can still be friends! He he he

The Rich's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rich's said...

Hey Amy,
I ran onto your blog the other day, I hope you don't mind. Your boys are adorable. I hope your having a great time. Take Care
Nichole

Ilene said...

I was a bad mom and totally dropped the ball and didn't get Jackson signed up for preschool. I hope it doesn't stunt his mental growth too much...

Aidan looks so dang cute!

Meghann said...

Come on Mike, man up!