Sunday, September 14, 2008

Round Up - Pendleton, OR


In an earlier post I mentioned I loved small town rodeos.  I grew up in Preston, ID (until age 7) and my mom, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins have grown up there.  We enjoyed Preston Night Rodeo Weekend every year in august.  There were parades with lots of candy, good food which, for me, always consisted of a corn dog and onion rings at the Polar Bear, sidewalk sales, carnivals, and rodeos.  Such good memories.  Since we moved to WA however, I've only been back once.  So this year, we were lucky to Pendleton, OR and enjoy Round Up Weekend.  

 The kids enjoyed parades with lots of real life Cowboys and Indians, good food (my first ever "elephant ear" - it's just a hick way of saying fried bread with cinnamon sugar) and hotdog mummies, unlimited carnival rides, tennis (thanks Elena for watching the kids), music, bands, sidewalk sales, and great company.  


We owe a big thanks to the Albrechts and Jess's parents for the great weekend.  Thank you  for giving us all a place to crash.

5 comments:

The Rich's said...

Amy,
Looks like fun! So to answer some questions. I will go back to work next week. I'm working nights at the hospital. I'm full time now but Elliot will be done with school in December so hopefully I can stop, or cut down. How about you?? Also I haven't spoken to Brooke in a while. I sent her a letter a year and a half ago (through her mom). I know that she had a little girl Lauren the same time I had Mykell. But not much more. I think I have her address somewhere.

Anonymous said...

It looks like Aidan was having a blast. I love the cowboy hat.MOM

Anonymous said...

Did they have crates upon crates of chocolate milk like Preston? I got so sick off that stuff, but it was worth it.

Meghann said...

I have so many relatives in Preston. I guarantee we overlapped at one of those rodes in our childhood. I went to a ton as a young girl because my Dad was in them!

Looks like you guys had a great time! :)

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Oh My Gosh!!!!!!

the hat is to die for Aidan. I want one just like it.

Love,
Grandma