Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jack at 18 months...


nicknames: Jack Attack, Cracker Jack, Jackers, JJ, LJ, Little Feets
 
At 18 months Jack...

-  let's start with the chicklets for front teeth.  I love them... and the spaces are good for future teeth :)

 - feeds himself with a spoon, even if most of the food ends up in his lap.

 - loves to dance and so Aidan has given him the nickname, "Little Feets."  No matter whether   he's in the car, downstairs playing, or in the kitchen, he knows how to tell me he wants music     on.  His favorite song... "Move Along."



 - enjoys being read to.  The first book I ever bought Aidan was "Winken, Blinken, and Nod."   This has become Jack's favorite, too.  Unfortunately, it's not a board book... nor does Jack prefer board books over hardback.  And so finally, I gave in and let Jack enjoy the book       without me hovering over him.  Now the book may be held together with tape... but if it's in       sight, Jack refuses to be read any other book.

 - gets ready in the morning with me.  Jack loves anything with a lid that he can take on and off. So, every morning while I'm doing my hair or putting on makeup Jack sits right next to me on   the counter and plays with everything.  Because of this he knows what to do with a brush,           toothbrush, eye shadow, eyelash curler, hair dryer, berrets, and fingernail clippers.  

 - has quite the vocabulary.  Okay... so most is just cute gibberish, but I feel one day he'll spout   out full sentences.  A few words you can understand:  uh-oh, up, hot, done, hello, versions of       "Who is it" and "There you go", all gone, can say Mama but refuses to call me that (stinker),       please, and thank you.



 - blows kisses, waves bye-bye, loves high-fives, gives kisses (open mouthed style - so the cheek is the preferred place, and likes attention and hugs.

 - has a great appetite and climbs into his high chair when he needs something to eat.  His         favorites: loves fruits, nutrigrain bars, chocolate (or anything sweet), Quaker oatmeal, and LOTS of milk (hence the Buddha Belly). 
 


 - loves to explore and climb.  Because of this the dining chairs are turned backwards from           the table, Jack only wants to play with toys AFTER I've put them away,  pulls out toys and     then leaves them unplayed with, the tupperware drawer is always a mess, and the pots and         pans drawer had to be child proofed.

 - has learned to smile for the camera... sort of.  He more flutters his eyes and half smiles.

 - dislikes Nursery to the point that even holding him makes him cry.

  
 - requires a pacie for bedtime and naps... oh, AND Sacrament Meeting.

 - attempts to take clothes off at the words - bath time.  

 - loves to sleep and always wakes up happy.

I feel like he's growing so fast... I don't want to miss a thing.

6 comments:

Katy said...

He is so cute Amy! He is growing up so fast. I remember when you had him. It seems like only yesterday.

The Hansen Clan said...

He is so cute! We need to get him together with Brooke - they would be quite the dynamic duo.

Ilene said...

What a sweetie. I can't believe he is so big!

Anonymous said...

Amy He is so dang cute This was so much fun to see. He is growing so fast. What a little angel. Love all of ya tons MOM

jessica said...

I'm glad that Aidan has taught Jack some of his dancing skills. Since Aidan learned most of his from my girls, it's nice to see them getting passed down. Tell Mike that we will have a recital soon now that Jack is old enough to participate it will be even more fun!

Oh and who can resist those chicklets! Seriously! So dang cute!

Bethany said...

I love this stage!! It's so fun to hear new words and watch them do new things.

There are so many similarities between Jack and Joseph. I swear I can just copy and paste for my own post.

They are becoming little boys too fast!