Monday, March 9, 2009

weekly S.U.M.M.A.R.Y.

So many things going on... but our happenings can't stand alone... so, a weekly summary.

Aidan - 

     
     Staying craZZZZy at preschool, finishing pet week and learning all about the letter "Z" with craZy week.  From his field trip to Petco his favorites:  "the birds with the hair sticking up on their heads" (cockatoos?), watching the black and white dogs get combed and shaved, and NOT petting the turtle because "I didn't want him to bite me."  

    He mismatched his entire wardrobe (solo) and spiked his hair, which looked impressive thanks to Dad.  For Aidan, this was a pretty incredible week completely full of crazy fun.  What more could a naturally crazy kid ask for than to express his inward self?   

Jack- 
     It amazes me how fast toddlers learn.  Jack has moved on from climbing and inch by inch rearranging my house to... exploring books and puzzles.  He's learning all about the body and can locate toes, tongue, ears, head, belly, eyes, and nose.  

     Jack has also learned to "smile" for the camera.  If I'm looking for that "in the moment smile"... now, the above picture is what I get... every time :) 

     And last for my toddler.... soaking in the sun on a jog with Mom.  Our long winter seemed to come to an end, at least for a moment, as we enjoyed sunny 50 degree weather.  The Trooper even stayed awake through nap time to enjoy it... and through iPod earphones would hear the occasional laugh of enjoyment.

Mike-

     Although we barely got the chance to enjoy his company (the boss was in from Seattle to chauffeur) Mike was still able to play "Daddy" on his time off, allow Mom an evening out with girls, and give quite an amazing talk (if you ask me) on missionary work.  He has definitely earned the honor of "Super Dad."
     Updates on the impaired... 3 more weeks of crutches, and then... WALKING!  It will mean in a boot, but it will be walking.  We are all counting down the days.  Yeahhhh!


As for me

     I have to admit I have thoroughly enjoyed taking advantage of Mike's situation.  It has given me time to enjoy my very part-time job of working in Outpatient Surgery.  Although I would never give up spending full time with my kids, Mike working from home right now has given me reason to splurge.

     The coming weeks will keep me busy training for a half marathon in May.  Luckily, #1 I had such a great experience at Hood To Coast, and more importantly, #2 I have friends who are training right along with me.  
 
     For date night... we enjoyed a new dining experience from "The White House."  It was very greek, very garlic, and very fun to enjoy with friends.

Last... a moment on Spokane spring.  The first of the week - gorgeous and sunny, teasingly in the 50's.  
That said, springs here are completely unpredictable, so later... we had sunshine, then rain, and then a hailstorm, all in one day.  
Now... 3 inches of snow that seems to want to stick around.  But... spring is on the way :)


       

5 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

Great pictures! You have to try The White House on Belly Dancer Night... a belly dance comes out and dances. It is so funny - when we were there she even had Katelyn join her!

The Rich's said...

Life really is CRAZY! Congrats on the training, I'm hoping to do a half marathon in the fall, with 5 and 10K's in the spring. Kind of scary, I haven't raced in 10 years (yes, we are that old!)

jessica said...

That picture of Jack is cracking me up! And I have to admit that Mike did an excellent job on his talk. You know how hard that was for me to say don't you....J/K.

I was thinking maybe we should bring an empty stroller tomorrow for our long run...you might need to push me in it around mile five.

Katy said...

Glad to hear that things are going well for you guys. We are excited to see you in April.

Bethany said...

I love the crazy hair picture! At McD's Aidan kept saying: ok, I'll play but I don't want to mess up my hair!