Friday, July 24, 2009

AidAN MiCHaeL


Today is A.'s 5th birthday. I feel like he's reaching a milestone... but all I want to do is freeze time. I want to appreciate his developments and relish that I get to watch him grow and learn... but I don't want him to age AT ALL! Is that possible? So today all I want to do is walk down memory lane...


Fun FAcTs:
- A. was born in UT on July 24th, Pioneer Day. In Logan, it's celebrated with fireworks. And, appropriately so, at 10:22pm Aidan was born into the world with fireworks.

- A. always smiled as a baby, was always content. He skipped the terrible two's all together. And today when I see his funny, energetic personality... he still reminds me of the baby and toddler he used to be. Aidan is seriously funny and enjoys anything that makes him and others smile. He is a very active, all around energetic kid. I love and appreciate the boy in him :)


- A. was a toe-head until he turned 2. He was so, so blonde.


- A. was a terribly picky eater that luckily has gotten better with age

A.'s "FaVOriTeS" StaGEs: (In chronological order)
- dogs
- buses
- fire hydrants - In fact, he almost had my dad talked into buying one... seriously, what won't grandparents do?
- sprinklers
- trains, trains, trains - From "Thomas and Trains", to Train Tables, to Geo Trax, to the History Channel's "Extreme Trains." He can tell you a fact for any train.


FavE FOoDs:

pancakes, PBJ, choco milk, bananas, cheese, and yogurt until he was seriously 3...
NOW he loves corndogs, corn on the cob, fruits, and anything sweet.

Some foods to AvOId? Meatballs, potato chips, and soda ("Too spicy" he says)


MEmOraBlE WorDs:

- vroo vroo (early stage for a car)
- eye-da-bah (fire hydrant)
- sislas (sprinklers)
- duses (bus)
- Nama and Gampa
- wurget (yogurt)

AND... I'm glad I can still claim: "basghetti" and "Hevenwy Da Fader"

So... I'm pretty crazy about this kid. I love his big blue eyes, his ability to make new friends, his smile, his snuggles every morning, the sweet unsuspected kisses on my cheek. I love that he tells me I'm pretty and Mike is cool. I love that he's smart and that he's always trying new things.

AiDAn, we love you! Happy Birthday kidd-o.

5 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

What a beautiful post! He is so darling - I loved all the pictures and fun memories of him. That is one of my favorite things to do on birthdays. Even though I usually cry, it is a happy cry. Kids are so great... most of the time :) Happy Birthday Aiden!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart and Angel he is I sure love him to peices.MOM

Scott Poole said...

Cute pictures. Time sure flies when your having fun! It seems like the last few years were just a few weeks ago.

I hope you had a great birthday Aidan! I miss you guys.

PS - Take care of Athena while she's there.

Bethany said...

You already know we're big Aidan fans over here- I loved the pictures! Seriously- he is adorable! Do you think our kids will stay cute as they get older?

Jessica said...

that was so fun! I read every word.