Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thena, Thena, Aunt Bena

Wow, our summer is full... and we wouldn't want it any other way! My younger sister (by only 15 months) flew in from ID with her son Dax to spend the week with us in Spokane. Because we had to share our time with her (thanks to a work related conference :) we took advantage of every hot, sunny minute.

Of course Green Bluff, Spokane's beautiful agricultural tourism location, had all the U-Pick berries you could imagine. The kids all agreed the raspberries were warm and yummy...
and we stocked up on freezer jam :)

Athena and I were thankful to soak up some sun after discovering a new public swimming pool (I don't know how I never knew it existed after the 3 years I've lived here)... and at $1 admission you can't beat it. However, the kids kept us too busy for sun bathing. Jack was a little too fearless for my taste. He loved, loved, loved walking off the waters edge to dunk his face in the water. And because he thought going under water was hysterical, he required every second of my attention. Aidan was a fish, of course, practicing his swimming abilities. Dax was content walking around where he could touch, lucky Athena!


We also enjoyed dinner out at Hu Hot (Spokane's local Mongolian Grill), BBQ-ing in the backyard, talking, relaxing, staying up way too late... and watching the kids play hard.


Thanks for visiting... see you again soon Aunt Bena!

5 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

It looks like you had so much fun! What pool did you go to? Brooke made such progress yesterday I would really like to take her to a pool like that.

Katy said...

What a fun visit. That little Jack is fearless!! Oh that would scare me to death:) He'll be a good swimmer though!

We are so happy you are coming next week. Of course Chris told me nothing and I just found out:)

Elise said...

I love to see those little guys. K-seriously, Jack is a mini Mike. I'm so happy you guys found a pool... and a dollar... SERIOUSLY. Bet you're there everyday!!! I miss you so much and hope we get to see eachother soon!!!

Bethany said...

Playing hard- isn't that what summer is all about? I loved the picture of Aidan and Jack konked out in the car.

IT"S A WAY OF LIFE! said...

SISTERS ARE THE BEST! so fun to watch ur family growin!