Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day


We had a great 4th of July this year.  Just a recap - enjoy!  I couldn't help myself with all the pictures.

         
We started off with biking to the local parade.  Mike pulled the boys in the bike trailer as we made our way down to the Liberty Lake.  The parade is cute and short, full of kids and their families who choose to decorate bikes, strollers, golf carts, and floats and make the 1 mile walk.  And... they even throw candy and bandanas (check out Jack) to make it all worth it.



We enjoyed the afternoon with our friends the Albrechts.  The kids were so excited to camp out in a tent (backyard style).  We BBQ'd, had fireworks (the only way you can in WA, with "pops"),  plus we "grilled" s'mores... oh! and check out Aidan's new bike :)

     
               
                                   

Last of all, we enjoyed fireworks over the lake... even though we were 5 minutes late and they only lasted 11.  It was great.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

We had a great 4th too!! Its my favorite holiday, mostly becasue its in the summer and I love summer!!!

Kelli said...

I am so glad your fourth was fun!! We had fun too!! It is for sure one of our favorite holidays!! We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you hopefully soon!!

jessica said...

We had great time! Thanks for hosting the "camp out". The girls can't wait to do it again. I'm sure Mike and Aric can wait though... tent sleeping wasn't so great for them.

Elise said...

Looks like a 'blast'! Love the one eyed Aidan shot : ) It also looks like you had a blast with the fam. I do have to admit that I wish Chris and I could have tagged along to the Seinfield show with you too... : )

Katy said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I love holidays! They are so fun.

Meghann said...

We need to have Aidan over so he can show Owen how to ride a bike.

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Amy,

everytime I see pictures of the boys I just go wild. They are so dang cute. I can't believe that Aidan has a bike. He looks so cute. The bandana that jack has is so so cute. Love you all tons.

Liz