Monday, June 30, 2008

FAMILY VISITS

We love when family comes to visit.  We spent this weekend with my parents.  I'm so lucky to have been blessed with great parents, I feel unfortunately I didn't truly comprehend this until I had children of my own.  I LOVE them both so very much. 
          
                           
Well, our weekend was action packed.  Four days makes time a little full, but my parents just loved spending time with the boys.  I have to admit that Aidan has to make a full recovery whenever they leave, he gets TOTALLY spoiled. 
                                                    

Friday was spent shopping.  I think my mom might actually love to shop more than me.  We always have a great time when we go out. 
                      
                                   

My dad and Mike took Aidan to Cabelas.  My dad is an avid outdoors man.  You name it he took his daughters to do it:  camping, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, really everything except hunting - he left that for his only son.  Well, he got Mike started in hunting and it looks as though he's recruiting Aidan.  Yes, they went bear hunting at Cabelas.  Aidan apparently thought it was the greatest.  You put in some tokens, some bears growl at you, and you aim a fake gun at a stuffed bear. 

      
          

Saturday was so great.  We spent the morning at Coeur D'Alene beach.  We spent time in the lake, building sand castles, and feeding sea gulls.  Jack unfortunately wasn't a fan of the water, but enjoyed the sand just the same.  My parents took us to see "Kung Fu Panda" - which was great.  You see, Mike and I are Jack Black fans, and we also heard lots of laughs from Aidan.  

       
                     

Thank you so much for visiting!  We love you and miss you already.  Aidan knows we are going home to visit in February and he asks every day when that month is coming.  Thanks for spoiling us this weekend.  Love you.   

4 comments:

Meghann said...

We haven't made the trip to Cabela's yet, so you gave me a great preview. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Amy we had so much fun. It sure was hard leaving you guys. I sure do love you and Mike you are wonderful parents you're doing such a great job in raising your sons. I sure love and miss you can't wait to see you again. love mom

The Hansen Clan said...

What a fun visit - your photos are always so amazing!

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Amy,

I loved reading your blog. It sounds like you guys had such a great time! That is a classic with Jack crying, he looks like Kyson there. It looks like Aidan is going to be another outdoorsman like his Dad and Grandpa. It is true you have wonderful parents. Love You Guys

Liz