Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vancouver, WA


June 19-22th we spent in Vancouver with the kids.  Mike's brother and their family moved out there a couple of months ago.  Mike's parents flew in from Utah so we took the road trip there for the weekend.  It was good to spend time with everyone.  Vancouver was beautiful, and we had great weather (no rain).  I was pleasantly surprised at how well Aidan and Jack slept in the hotel room and the continental breakfast was great... way to go Gary (Mike's Dad) with doing your homework on that one.  
We hiked to the falls (can you tell Aidan had to go to the bathroom in the first pic?)...
spent time on the beach at Vancouver Lake (Jack wasn't a fan of the cold water)... 

                
walked around the Portland Temple (breathtaking)...
swam in the hotel pool...
                
and saw the greatest 450lb 10ft fish at the Fish Hatchery.  I'm not sure who was more excited to visit the Hatchery, Mike who loves to fish or Aidan.  Either way we had a great time.  

The whole weekend was nice.  Thank you Chris and Katy.  
Oh, my favorite pic was taken on the ride home (which also was pleasantly smooth)...

4 comments:

Ilene said...

I love your M-in-L's outfit.

What does that say about me?

As always, cute, cute boys!

Katy said...

Your pictures turned out so great. We are SO happy you guys came to visit. We loved seeing you. We'll have to plan something again soon. I'm glad you made it home safe. We miss you guys and love you!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I can't believe that I can pull up your blog so easily. And I think that my comment is actually posting. It was hard before to do it I don't know why. Anyway I love all your picture. Mike waterskiing is the best. I still have troubles with making my blog cute, maybe one of these days when i have time to figure it out! We miss you guys!

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Amy,

we had such a great time with you guys. I already miss you guys so much. Kiss my little grand-sons for me.

Love,
Mom