Monday, June 16, 2008

Hayden Lake

For FHE Mike and I took the boys to Hayden Lake to go boating with our friends Bethany and Shaun, and their kids.  Hayden Lake is completely surrounded by green pine trees, it's really beautiful.
Mike has always loved to water ski, but Shaun taught Mike how to surf behind the wake.  It looks pretty amazing, and I have to admit, Mike did really well.  The lake temperature was 65 degrees, so of course Bethany and I passed on getting in the water, even with a dry suit.  Aidan and Emma were having a great time wading in the water from the back of the boat.  I warned Aidan the water was cold, but both he and Emma jumped in with their life jackets.  Jack really had a great time too... until you put the life jacket on him.  He never did get used to wearing it. The evening was nice and relaxing though.  We all had a great time.
 

5 comments:

jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jessica said...

Looks like sooooooo much fun! I'm sure Jack was happy underneath that sad face. And Mike sportin that wet suit is pretty impressive.

Katy said...

I love the picture of Jack in the life vest! And Mike looks awesome wake surfing. What a pretty lake!

AMY said...

That Mike sure looks good in a wetsuit. Amy, you did very well.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Aidan is that much tougher than Mike who had to wear a drysuit.