Monday, October 27, 2008

finishing out family vacays

We tried FOREVER to take a good picture of all three kids.  This is all we got, but I love it because it shows how hard Aidan was trying to smile at the camera and keep the kids next to him at the same time.


My younger sister, Athena, came to visit this week with her 11 month old son, Dax.  She and I are only 15 months apart, so although we may have fought a lot in high school, we love each other to pieces now.  We had a great week and spent time together shopping, talking, and entertaining kids. 



Here we are at Harvest House.  Mike was great to take Aidan swimming while Athena and I took the youngest kids to the fall festival.  Really, I can't complain about going there twice because the pumpkin doughnuts were seriously initiative enough. 

Mike also bought tickets to Phantom of the Opera before Athena booked plane tickets, so now Mike and I are totally indebted to her after babysitting for us while we went.  

I'm so thankful to have a wonderful sister and we are all grateful she could visit.  She is such an example of kindness and patience.  Living away from family is challenging, so any time with them is priceless.  Aidan loves all his cousins, and loved being a big brother to Dax too!

PS  We missed Scott, Athena's husband, but we'll see you soon!

5 comments:

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Amy,
Those pictures are so darling. i am gald that you and Athena are such good friends. That is the way sisters should be.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see my three little angels playing together. I'm so glad you and Athena had so much fun together. Love and miss you tons. MOM. (I Can't wait to see you)

Scott and Athena said...

That was a cute blog. I still haven't done mine yet. Hopefully today. You always say the nicest things. Thanks. We loved visiting wished we could have stayed longer. love ya!
Athena

Ilene said...

I can't believe that is Jack. He is so big!

Trying to get pictures of your kids sitting together is as fun as poking yourself in the eye.

Katy said...

That is great that Athena was able to come and visit you. Carolyn and I are only 16 months apart so I understand about fighting in high school but now we really appreciate each other too. I love that picture of Aidan trying to smile and hold the younger kids. That is too funny!