Sunday, October 19, 2008

family filled 2 weeks



We love when family visits.  Mike's parents started it all off by visiting last weekend.  Aidan absolutely adores his grandparents.  I was excited they could see beautiful Spokane during fall.  

It was a very suspenseful wait with a 2 hour delayed 
flight... but they arrived at last!  We started 
the weekend off with shopping... for G.A.R.Y.  You see, my 
mother-in-law, Liz (how we love the fun she brings to our family) is determined to trend-up her husband.  So, we went jean and shoe shopping.  Next, comes the "Matt Lauer" haircut.  That would have to wait for another day, we didn't want to over stimulate the soon to be retiree.  We decided to treat Gary, for all his shopping patience, to a steakhouse dinner (his favorite)... but he actually ended up treating us.  Did I mention he was a great guy?  

Saturday was celebrated at Harvest House (see post below).  Wow!  Can I say the fresh, warm pumpkin doughnuts were unbelievable?  We also enjoyed hay mazes, clydesdale pulled wagon rides, and apple cider.  After Harvest House... a much needed nap for everyone... except the guys.  Our late night was filled with Game Show Network and The Cosby Show (which I forgot is pretty funny).

Sadly, their vacation came to a too quick end.  But, thanks for all the fun - We Miss You!

PS  Thanks grandma for the Halloween Paper Chain!!

Stay tuned for more from Athena and Dax...

4 comments:

Katy said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! Liz and Gary are pretty entertaining!! I bet it's way pretty up in Spokane right now. I love this time of year.

P.S. We are so happy that you guys are planning on coming to Utah for Christmas! That will make it even better.

Katie said...

I grew up in Spokane. I agree with you, it is awesome there in the fall.

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

We had a great time Amy and Mike at your house. Hey Gary did get his hair cut. It looks great!!!
You guys are great

Love,
Mom

Michelle said...

We've been begging my dad to cut his hair like Matt Lauer. I thik it'd look great!!