Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend


Once again we were blessed to have family visit for Thanksgiving weekend.  My parents came with my youngest sister, Stacy for shopping, good food, and good company.  I truly do get homesick during the Holidays...  so they were muchley needed and appreciated.  

We had non-stop fun, which made our time together pass much too fast.  I'm lucky to have a mom who loves being a grandma.  She's always willing to play with my kids while the rest of us enjoy more time out of the house.  So with that, we went to see "James Bond" their first night, while grandma enjoyed watching "Frosty The Snowman" at home.  (It's another good thing my mom L.O.V.E.S. Christmas - some people might find Christmas movies before Thanksgiving a little annoying... Mike.)

Thanksgiving was perfect.  Spending the Holidays with family is the greatest.  It was sweet and homey.  

And of course there was "Black Friday" shopping.  However, we did try to wait out the crowds until 9AM.  Stores and traffic were still crazy.  I love shopping when it's girls ONLY.  Thanks Mike and Dad for giving us our time without kids.  I was very pleased to get a lot of Christmas shopping done, whew!  We were even treated to Red Lobster that night.  For all of those who don't know, I'm definitely NOT a seafood fan, but it's not for lack of trying.  Believe me, I wish it tasted as delicious as it looks.  But... Mike told me if I learned to like seafood we could move back to UT - which was said purely for the benefit of my mom who's been asking that question for three years now.  So... I tried it... LOVED the coconut shrimp, does that count?

Our last day came too soon.  We finished it off with a trip to the downtown mall to visit Santa.  They have the largest, most amazing Christmas Tree on display.  As we waited in line I noticed all the boys dressed nicely in slacks and sweaters while the girls looked pretty in their dresses... and as I looked at my own kids in sweat outfits, I was thankful they could be comfy.  

And before we knew it my family was on their way back to UT.  We had so much fun.  Thanks mom for giving Mike and I a night out, Dad for taking Aidan to Cabelas... even though we had a minor accident :), and Stacy for entertaining the kids whenever they had had enough.  We miss you all... see you for Christmas.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Your new pictures are soo cute!! You have a darling family.

The Rich's said...

I'm so glad that you got to be with some family for the holiday, it makes things so much fun. Your table looks great!! I love your pictures.

Scott and Athena said...

The family pictures look awesome. Well done. I'd love to have ours taken. I've seen that commercial about bunko so whenever I tell anyone we played that they make fun of me. But it is dang fun. You would love it.

Ilene said...

I hate seafood too!! I don't do shrimp, though. However, I can eat tuna fish without a problem.

I guess my tastebuds prefer the cheap stuff.

Bethany said...

What about halibut? Expensive lobster? How did I not know this?

Katy said...

I'm so jealous you guys have snow. I hope it snows while we are in Utah. I love the holidays and they are all about family so I'm glad yours made it up to see you. By the way I LOVE your new family pictures. They turned out great!!

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time. Tell Mike I'm glad now that you like seafood you'll be moving back soon. Thanks for having us. I can't wait for Christmas. Cause all of you kids will be home. Love and miss ya tons MOM