Friday, November 21, 2008

Weekly Summary

This week, as it seems every week since fall, has been another busy one.  Here's a look at some of our highlights.


Jack is now a toddler.  It's so strange to call him that.  It's amazing how in only a couple of months they grow from a baby to a fully active walking toddler.  For some reason toddler toys are not appealing... but thank goodness for kitchen drawers.  Jack is drawn to them.  Our fun cycle consists of Jack taking everything out (and by everything I mean mixing bowls, tupperwear, placemats, everything), then me put everything away after he seems to have lost interest, and of course Jack rediscovering how fun it is to pull it all out again.


Aidan has learned to manipulate the computer mouse and can entertain himself with games forever.  It's super convenient to have a computer upstairs in the main living area.  Aidan's favorite sites are:  peepandthebigwideworld.com and disney.com   I love Peep because it's great at teaching kids patterns, mixing colors, memory, and much more.  The sites are so kid friendly too, so Aidan can switch up games by himself.  

Mike unfortunately has been home sick part of the week.  Mike gets bored taking it easy so I know he struggled.  Thanks to ESPN though he did get the rest he definitely needed (I know because  I even saw him get a nap in... which rarely happens).  

As for me, I've stressed over family pictures long enough.  I don't like the hassle of getting kids dressed, keeping Mike happy (I've never met someone who dislikes his picture taken more), and struggling to get the kids to cooperate.  Yes, Jack wanted to walk around and play in the sand rather than sit still, and Aidan may have given the biggest "cheesiest" smiles (but a good sport all the same), and Mike, well, he was fabulous at entertaining the kids and not uttering a word of complaint.  So, thank goodness they are now done.  And all in time for the Holidays. Our photographer seemed great and I'm excited to get pictures back next week.

And we are all definitely looking forward to this weekend - Thanks Mike for treating us to a night at Silver Mountain Lodge... stay tuned.


4 comments:

Katy said...

I've been wanting to get family pictures now for a while. I'm not getting any smaller though so we'll have to see. Your boys are so cute. They really are good looking kids.

jessica said...

I can't wait to see your pix...hope Silver Mountain was fun!

Jessica said...

Silver Mountain Lodge! Lucky!

And Ryan could give Mike a run for his money on hating pictures. It makes me so mad that my ADULT husband can't be nice for 1 hour once a year for posterity's sake.

Holly said...

Your boys are too cute. It is crazy how fast your babies grow up. I can't believe mine will be 3 in a month. Where does the time go?