Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Wife

I would like to dedicate a post to my wife on her birthday.  Anyone who knows me well knows my feelings about blogging, so it takes a big occasion to get me to write in this thing.   My wife is one of the most humble people that I know and there is no way she would dedicate a blog to herself.  So, I had to take the controls of this ridiculous blog machine and tell you a little more about her on the the day after her birthday.  

This birthday for Amy was probably a little disappointing.  Being confined to the house, there was only so much I could do for her.  She had to get up early with the kids, get them to pre-school, and pick up take out from Ding How on her own B-day.  I did however manage to get her some flowers delivered, so it wasn't a completely terrible day.

Some things you may not know about Amy.

-She was born in Preston, ID
-Has naturally curly hair


-Blessed with OCD (anyone who sees the inside of our house knows)
-Amy is an exercise fanatic.
          Here are some pictures of a relay race she ran this past summer

She comes across as aloof, but Amy is deceptively bright
-She graduated with her degree in Nursing at the age of 20 and also received her RN license at the age of 20. 


Most of all, Amy is the driving force for all that is good with our family.  We love her so much, and couldn't imagine life without her.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy birthday to AMy---I wish I didn't have to miss the dinner out! I love Mike's post!

Bethany said...

I love it! Everything you said is right on! Amy has so many great qualities- I'm lucky to have her as a friend. And you get some hubby bonus points.

Katy said...

That is very sweet Mike. You do have a great wife. We like her:)

jessica said...

Once again Mike's blogger skills are impressive...

I know that Amy had a great birthday depsite having a handicapped husband on her special day. Amy is all those wonderful things and more...

love you!

Ilene said...

Well done Mike!

However, I don't think she is deceptively bright. I figured that out pretty quickly upon meeting her. Happy Birthday Amy!

Michelle said...

Oh, my heck!!! Thats about the sweetest thing I've ever read... Your both nice...

Katy said...

Amy we had that cake made at Lee's for Brian. We hope you and Mike are doing okay. You are in our prayers.

Elise said...

She is the BEST!

Kelli said...

Mike, you are the sweetest. You both deserve each other because of your kindness!!