Friday, May 9, 2008

dirt is definitely for boys

                       
This weekend a huge pile of top soil was delivered for the boxed garden we built this year.  I have never seen Aidan more dirty.  Last year he was sort of afraid of getting dirty, this year, he's asking to be buried in it.  I was a little afraid however when he face planted into the dirt, but once he got the mud out of his teeth he still thought it was the greatest thing ever.  What a resilient kid.  He kept asking me to play in the dirt with him, so I kindly reminded him dirt was for boys.  He did settle for me throwing him on top of the dirt pile, luckily.  
Well, 60 wheelbarrow loads later we had it transplanted to the backyard, so I don't think Mike enjoyed it AS much as Aidan.   But... thanks to Aidan's jumping and diving skills he was a huge help  packing the dirt into the garden.  
It was good to be outside working, even if Mike said I was complaining half the time.  I'm just thankful for sunshine and spring time.  It was crazy to see everyone out doing yard work.  Yeah, summer is almost here! 
                           

1 comment:

The Hansen Clan said...

The mid-air shot is priceless - he will always love that picture. If we ever have a boy you are going to have to help me do stuff like let him play in a giant pile of dirt. They need that to be normal but it is sooooo out of my realm of thinking. Dirt = something to clean. Way to be such awesome parents. I think Kyle wants to come over and play in it.