Saturday, May 17, 2008

guys night out

One of the many BLESSINGS I have from being married to my wife is doing pretty much whatever she asks of me.  I know I'm more than a little goofy looking, so I have to make up for my lack of good looks with things like blogging. As much as I object to obsessive blogging, I do enjoy the opportunity, once in a while, to tell of our experiences from my point of view.  
                                                                     
Friday night, Aidan and I, had the opportunity to go to our first Father-Son outing at Farragut State Park in Northern Idaho.  Aidan really had no idea what camping was but we tried to educate him prior to the campout as best we could.  We rolled in together at about 6pm Friday night and I began to set up our tent as Aidan played with sticks and dirt with Nathan Rowell.  
                                          
                            
















About an hour later, Aidan's friend, Emma showed up and he could barely hold back his excitement.  No, Emma is not the name of some poor little boy, she is Shaun and Bethany Sorenson's little girl and Aidan loves to play with her.  Those two even talked us in to putting them both down to sleep in our tent but after an hour of playing, jumping, and escaping the tent several times, we had to separate them so Shaun and I could get some shuteye.  


We had a great devotional put on by the Young Men's Presidency and turned out the lights and put out the fires.  The morning started at about 5am with the Hunter's camp waking up pretty much everyone.  Breakfast was surprisingly edible prepared by Kevin Wright and David Crump.  All in all, it was a great experience and an incredible bonding experience with my son that I will never forget.  

5 comments:

Katy said...

That sounds like a lot of fun Mike! We should get together and all go camping at Mt. St. Helens sometime this summer. We love to camp and it's supposed to be pretty cool up there. Thanks for sharing your experience:)

jessica said...

Wow Mike.
I'm speechless...

Actually I have a whole lot to say about it but I will save my comments until we are in person or at least on the phone. I have a feeling you already know what I 'm going to say, but you are still gonna hear it from me. Good thing your in La Grande...funny how you waited to the last minute to tell us that was where you were going. Avoiding my family again...

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Mike, I loved reading about your experience with Aidan. The pictures are darling. You are such a good Dad Mike.
Love,
Mom

Elise said...

Mike. I am laughing so hard at this post because I can totally HEAR you saying all this stuff. We miss you guys SO MUCH and can't wait to reconnect! I especially loved the 'kind of goofy looking' comment. So funny, but not true (and I am not hitting on you just telling the truth) : )

E

The Hansen Clan said...

What a fun trip - you are a great dad and it looks like you had a great time. Kyle is dying to have sons to camp with... he might have to borrow your boys!