Thursday, May 8, 2008

Visit from Athena

$29 flights?  Unbelievable I know, but luckily we had family who could take advantage of it.  My younger sister, Athena, and her baby, Dax came to visit us this week.  It was nice to have the weather mostly cooperative.  We got to take the boys out for a few walks, she learned how to knit, and it wouldn't be a visit without shopping, of course.  But mostly, we enjoyed each other's company, getting/giving advice, and enjoying adult conversation during the day.     

                                                
                                         
                                          
Fun memories growing up - 
- Cabbage Patch dolls and Pound Puppies
- Playing fastpitch softball on the same team 
- In high school we had to drive our parents van... truly embarrassing at the time.  In fact, so    embarrassing that we  refused to use the student parking lot.  Instead, we parked at the curb  on the side of school, under a tree.  We figured it  was the best way to escape after school and  remain undetected.  The best part is, if there was a lot of student traffic after  school I would  slip in through the passenger side door (remember we're hidden under a tree) into the driver's  seat, so as  to disguise myself, and Athena would slip in after.  I'm sure we looked ridiculous.
- Being each others Maids of Honor
- Being pregnant together AND having kids 2 months apart
- Truly confiding in each other  


Thank you for coming to visit!  We love you and your family, and we missed you Scott.  We can't wait to see you all again.
     

                  
               
Love you, sis.

4 comments:

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Amy,
I just love readng your blogs. That is so neat that Athena was able to come and visit. $29.00 per flight now that is unheard of!! the pictures are darling. As usual the kids are to die for.

Liz

Ilene said...

Oh, we had a van. A brown ford econoline complete with cream curtains, and cream and orange pin striping.

I parked a half a mile away from school if I drove that monster. Ah, high school.

jessica said...

I'm glad that both of our brains put together make a really good lookin blog! I so love that you are doing blogger now!

Katy said...

That is great that Athena was able to visit. Sisters really are so great. I'm glad that I have mine too. And I'm lucky to have great sister-in-laws as well!