Sunday, May 25, 2008

sweet dreams, baby

Every once in a while, in the middle of the night, Aidan ends up snuggling in bed with me and Mike after having some bad dreams.  Saturday night was one of those nights after Aidan told me he was having bad dreams about ghosts.  Sunday morning as he came in to our bedroom, because it's usually his job to wake me up, our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Did you have good dreams last night?"
Aidan: "I had good dreams, not bad dreams.
M: "What did you dream about?"
A: "Not ghosts, mommy.  I just dreamed about you."

The funny part is, as Mike was leaving for meetings Sunday morning he asked Aidan the same question, and... his answer was the same.  I love good dreams about Mommy.

4 comments:

Ilene said...

Oh, I'm glad that you wrote this down. These are the things you need to remember when your boy thinks that mommy is more on the level of scary ghosts.

Okay, I'm speaking about myself. I'm sure you never make ghost status :)

Katy said...

Amy that is so funny! I honestly can't get over how cute your boys are. I hope you guys can come in June. It would be great to see you!

jessica said...

I dream about you too Amy. Sometimes they are bad dreams, but mostly good.

corry-news.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh Amy my heart just melts everytime I see those cute grand-kids. Stacy is a great sister and friend to everyone. I loved hearing about Aidans conversation with you about dreams. I can definitely relate to his version of bad dreams. I had them a lot when I was a kid.
Love You tons and tons
Liz